about pennington painting & restoration
A business grown entirely by recommendations
We’re not just painters… here are a few noteworthy projects that illustrate our diverse skills:
- Numerous Historic restorations in Fairfield, Southport and New Canaan
- Several new construction projects up to 18,000 square ft in Greenwich and Litchfield
- Chemically stripping a church in New Canaan down to bare wood
- Color matching stains and finishes in the process of restoring antique furniture
- Installing and creating a faux aged patina glazing on gold plated engraved plaque for antique gilt framed Monet painting
- Staining & applying hand rubbed oil and wax finish on new mahogany wine cellar
- Create and apply a unique polished venetian plaster finish on a 4000 sq ft SoHo loft
- Faux Bois Walnut finish for a Greenwich Library
- Match a weathered sun bleached wood sample for a floor in a Groton Beach House
- Distress and stain new oak beams to match antique barn beams
- Bleach, stain and finish a pickled oak floor in a Southport Master Bedroom
- Distress and glaze entire interior of a new 8000 sq ft residence to give it the feeling of having been there for hundred of years
Before forming Pennington Painting & Restoration in 1985, Frank studied silver smithing and jewelry design at Rochester Institute of Technology’s School for the American Craftsman graduate program. He designed and executed original models for production as a jewelry designer for Napier Jewelry Co.
He was a well respected fine arts teacher at Stamford High School, and a representative for Taylor Publishing Co., working with Yale, Connecticut College, Sacred Heart University among many others, to create and design customized yearbooks.
Frank’s richly diverse background and hands-on experience in the arts has given him a finely honed sense of color, design and balance, that allows him to collaborate effortlessly with clients, decorators and architects on every project. With over 25 years as a painting contractor, he brings a wealth of technical experience in all facets of painting and restoration to each and every job.
Since 1985, Pennington Painting & Restoration has attracted and sought out like-minded professionals that have an appreciation for detail and a respect for their craft. They are experienced, meticulous, and accountable. The majority of the team has been with Pennington Painting & Restoration for over 15 years.
From the moment we enter your home, we take great measures to ensure your flooring, furniture and valuables are protected. Our clients often call to compliment us on how professional, polite, reliable and conscientious our crewmembers are. We don’t have a single one that we haven’t heard a dazzling review about! Their expertise ranges from talented carpenters capable of complex crown molding and trim installation, window and door replacement, cabinet installation, exterior rot repair and Azek trim replacement to highly detail oriented painters that go that extra step to ensure a perfect finish.
Expert preparation begins with a sound working foundation. Our professionals can handle any type of sheetrock or plaster repairs as well as installation of new sheetrock in additions, renovations or new construction with a level five finish. Once the working surface is perfect, you can chose from a wide range of finishes.
At Pennington Painting & Restoration, painting is just one of your many choices. We also have artistic faux finishers, renowned muralists and world-class gilders capable if installing polished silver or gold leaf! Our professional installers can hang wide range of materials from fine linens, murals, grasscloths, silver and gold leaf paper, Zubers repairs and commercial vinyls.